- WHO WE ARE:
- WHAT WE DO:
- Identifying and developing entrepreneurial potential in the State.
- Functioning as facilitator for sustained industrial development.
- Promoting different Commercial and Industrial activities that form part of Coir Industry.
- Assisting to create infrastructure and environment for development of traditional Coir Industry by modernising it through introduction of latest technologies being developed in the Sector.
- Strengthening the Co-operatives and assisting the Private Sector engaged in Coir Industry and helping Self Help Group according to G.O.s issued.
- Forming and registering of Co-operative Societies and Self Help Groups in Coir Sector and performing functions and duties of the Registrar of Coir Co-operative Societies as per provisions of KCS Act & Rules and registering Self Help Groups under a charitable societies Act.
- Providing investment assistance in the form of loans, subsidies, Technical & Marketing assistance etc.
- Empowering Women by promoting Self Help Groups, providing training and financial assistance for setting up industrial activity in the Coir Sector.
- Propagating Cluster Development Programmes in the Coir Sector for increasing competitiveness, quality, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Providing welfare measures to Coir Workers and their family.
- Providing assistance and support to Institutions - Kerala Coir Workers Welfare Fund Board, Kerala State Coir Corporation, Foam Mattings India Ltd. and Coirfed, in implementing their activities.
- Settling monitory disputes between public and coir co-operatives through arbitration as per provisions of KCS Act & Rules and to clear disputes among persons of Self Help Groups.
- WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
Progressive economic development and sustainable employment generation in the Coir Sector of Kerala through planned development of Coir industry.
The mission of the Directorate of Coir Development is to act as a facilitator for the promotion and sustainability of Coir Sector in the State.
Directorate of Coir Development is the implementing agency for all policy decisions of the Government of Kerala related to Coir Industry. Directorate of Coir Development is the Controlling Office of the 10 Coir Project Offices located at Chirayinkeezhu, Kollam, Kayamkulam, Alappuzha, Vaikom, North Paravur, Thrissur, Ponnani, Kozhikode and Kannur.
The mission is proposed to be achieved through the following functions:
Our commitment is to provide quality and cost effective service in the following sections:-
- a)Registration of Coir Co-operative Societies and Self Help Groups:
- b)Registration of Coir Spinning/Curling/Defibering Unit and pith processing Unit:
- c)50% Investment subsidy to defibering units:
- d)30% Investment subsidy to pith processing units:
- e)Sick Revival Programme:
- f ) Grant to various agencies :
- g)Marketing, Publicity, Propaganda, Trade Exhibitions and assistance for setting up of Show Rooms:
- h)Market Development Assistance (MDA)/Production Marketing Incentive (PMI):
- i)Margin Money Loan to Co-operatives/Public Sector Undertakings/Private Entrepreneurs:
- j) Coir Geo - Textiles Development Programme:
Registration will be issued within 30 days from the date of receipt of defect free application after getting permission from Government.
Registration will be given within one week from the date of receipt of defect free application.
50% subsidy to defibering units will be sanctioned and disbursed within one month from the date of receipt of defect free application through the Project Offices, subject to the availability of fund and other clearances from Government.
30% Investment Subsidy to pith processing units will be sanctioned and disbursed within one month from the date of receipt of defect free application from the Project Offices, subject to the availability of fund and other clearances from Government.
The application shall be processed within 2 weeks from the date of receipt of defect free application and shall be placed in the committee meeting for decision. The minutes of the Meeting will be submitted to the Chairman within one week from the date of meeting and will be issued within 3 days from the date of approval by Chairman. Release of fund is subject to the availability of fund under budget provision.
Grant application of various agencies viz., Coir Co-operative Societies, Self Help Groups, Apex Organisation, PSUs, C-DOCT and Kerala Coir workers Welfare Fund Board, will be processed within two weeks from the date of receipt of defect free application and recommended for Government sanction/disposed within the time limit.
All applications for Marketing, Publicity Propaganda, assistance for trade exhibitions and setting up of show rooms shall be processed within 15 days from the date of receipt of defect free application in the Directorate through concerned Project Officers subject to availability of funds.
All applications for MDA/PMI will be processed and sanctioned within 2 weeks from the date of receipt of defect free application in the Directorate and disbursed through concerned Project Officers subject to availability of funds.
Margin Money Loan will be sanctioned within 15 days from the date of receipt of defect free application in the Directorate through the concerned Project Officers (Coir) subject to availability of funds.
All applications for MDA will be sanctioned within 15 days from the date of receipt of defect free applications in the Directorate through the concerned Project Officers (Coir) subject to availability of funds. Assistance to implement pilot projects involving use of Coir Geo-textiles will be considered if the same is approved by the Coir Geo-textiles Technical Committee.
While delivering the aforesaid services we assure all our plans of:
i)Being fair and impartial
ii)Being honest, ethical and professional
iii)Being helpful, courteous and considerate
iv)Acting with care and diligence
v)Listening and understanding what you tell us.
We will keep you informed of our programmes through a wide range of media including Internet, Website www.coir.kerala.gov.in and our department magazine Vyavasayakeralam and also through print and electronic media.
Our efforts will be to provide the highest standard service to all citizens. Our performance can be measured in the respective area against timely service, on various activities being undertaken by Directorate of Coir Development.
To help us to provide you with quality service, we need you to
i)Provide information that is easily understandable and accurate and complete.
ii)Allow adequate time for us to respond to requests and provide feedback on our performance.
We welcome comments from our citizens to help us improve our services. Feedback including compliments, suggestions and complaints are welcome.
Should you wish to provide feedback including any complaints about our service and the service provided by various Coir Project Offices, you may contact the Director of Coir Development, Directorate of Coir Development, Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram-33.
We will evaluate our services against the standards we have set out in this charter to see if we are meeting these standards.
We will periodically review the standards in the Charter to ensure continuous improvement in service delivery. A copy of the Charter is available in our website www.coir.kerala.gov.in
The address of the Directorate and Coir project Offices under Coir Development Department are given below: